Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yes, I'm back!

Yesterday's workout was a doozy!

I always...always begin with 20 minute HIIT cardio on the elliptical. Why? My gym becomes crowded after a certain time and if I finish my strength training, there is a chance I won't be able to get on the equipment. I get it done and out of my way. I do not feel fatigued to the point where I can't do my training. In fact, I feel pumped and ready to go!

Chest press
Huggy Bear
High and Low Rope Pulls
Biceps (Barbell Curls)
Biceps (Dumbbell Curls)

4 sets each with 10 to 15 reps each at varying weights. I was impressed I could do a barbell curl with each arm using a 20lb. weight! Yes, I grunted and yes, the guys were looking at us. Sweet!

After, I did a few reps using an ab machine. WOW! I felt it right after!

Eating was great.

Breakfast, Snacks and Lunch were the usual fare and dinner was the buffet. Now before you comment, I ate smart this time. Protein such as lean ham and chicken, chopped egg with spinach, peas, shredded parm cheese, drizzle of low-cal dressing, carrots and green beans. Not a huge plate by any means. Just enough for me.

'Today's Workout:

Cardio and abs with weights for flexibility.

Eats:

Breakfast: Low-carb pita, Laughing cow creamy Swiss wedge cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of hummus, 3 turkey slices

Snack: 1/2 apple, 5 oz. of plain non-fat yogurt with cinnamon

Lunch: Grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, 3T of balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Snack: Banana, 6 almonds

Dinner: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of ham, grapes for desert.

I feel good!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger