Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sweet Free - Day 2 - Dec. 2, 2008
















My Thanksgiving dinner and of course, the homemade bread I keep raving and writing about. :)


I am trying to get my co-worker to get involved with at least eliminating at least one can of diet soda. "I'm no fun.", he says. Okay, if you want to play Russian Roulette by smoking cigarettes, drinking large coffees with cream and "splenda"?? that isn't my business. I am not the boss of you. Yet, he isn't the boss of himself since he's a slave to sugar, flour, and tobacco. As a friend, I would like to help. I don't know what to do.

Ranting for a moment, but what is up with processed garbage such as Lean Cusine, Smart Choice, Healthy Choice, Weight Watchers, etc., being touted as being healthy? I'm not saying all frozen entrees are bad. I love Ethnic Gourmet's Palek Paneer. I even like Linda McCartney's and Amy's Kitchen Vegetarian Frozen entrees on occasion. Yet, I prefer buying my own vegetables and preparing my own meals without preservatives. The entrees I listed above aren't even that cheap nowadays either. With proper planning, low-carb and even a low-carb Flexitarian lifestyle can be done on a budget.

Okay, rant over. Here is what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with veggie patty, mayo, mustard, spices (6:45am) - 300 calories

Lunch: Same as Breakfast (12:30pm) - 300 calories

5:15pm - upper body sore from chest exercises and decided to do 20 minutes of elipitcal and 15 minutes of abs only

Dinner: 2 small hard boiled eggs, lots of tuna with mayo, 2 cubes of turkey (Salad bar) (450 calories) - 6:10pm (Guesstimated calories with help from Dailyplate)

1,050 calories - Not weighing myself until next week. Scales can lie! :) Clothes are loose though!

Have a great day!

Ciao!





3 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Hey, hey, hey, Lora.

re: your rant

I think many people, these days, crave convenience as much as they crave the addictive components of many modern foods.

Overall, humanity is being dumbed-down and fattened up. I really should be writing Disney films, shouldn't I? :-)

I think your menu's looking really solid. My only concern is that your total caloric intake may be too low? Forgive me if I'm missing something. I'm definitely not trying to be critical. Just wondering.

Good job of staying "sweet free"!

Hope you have a lovely day.

Me said...

Hahaha totally agree. Faux-foods don't treat the cause they only treat the symptom (an unnatural lifestyle ... I think). Some people just don't want to know about it though, you know? Like your friend and his sodas. Some people....

So I've got an off-topic question. I have a friend I really want to go on lc - he's been on hundreds of diets, it morbidly obese, goes up and down by like 80kg at a time (nearly the entire overweight me!) and is now going into depression. Which I think is caused in a large part by carb influencing moods. How do you suggest I should convince him? hehehehe if that's even possible... gosh I hope so...

Unknown said...

I don't know Harry. My body is so trained to eat at specified times and portions that I don't feel as hungry in-between meals. The only time I feel real hunger is after my workouts. There is a salad bar near the gym that is full of great protein choices. A little bit goes a long way! Fat makes you full.

Erika, it is hard to convince someone what they are eating affects not only their mind but their bodies. Even my own boyfriend thinks low-carb is a bunch of hooey and does eat in moderation, yet, he's gaining weight.

Powered By Blogger